Street rides, bike nights, etc.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 2260
- Joined: Feb 2010
- Bike: 2005 FZ6, 2006 SV650, 2007 R1
- Location: Davenport, IA
I don't ride much on the street anymore, but here's a basic rundown of all my old haunts. There isn't a lot in the immediate area, I usually went north when I was looking for fun.
- Rapids City to Albany via Meredosia Rd
- Clinton to Charlotte to DeWitt
- US 52 between Bellevue and Sabula
- Bellevue-Cascade Rd
- Bernard to Maquoketa
- Savanna to Elizabeth to Galena...the long way
- Balltown loop north of Dubuque
You can piece a lot of these together and make a few different loops out of the QC from them. The last couple are by far the best of the bunch, but they both seemed to get pretty busy past noon on the weekends, traffic-wise. Best time was always Sunday mornings, and I always tried to get to Galena by noon. I haven't been up there in a few years, though.
If you go as far as Wisconsin, it gets even better.