Winter Weight Loss Official Thread

Anything & Everything.
fjorn
Bike: '98 CR250R, '08 CRF450

Re: Winter Weight Loss Official Thread

Postby fjorn » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:15 pm

Thought I'd post up a few pics of my juicer, and the process more or less.

I didn't do the bananas as I don't like the taste of them juiced. But, I did the two Bartlett pears, four fuji apples, a third of a package of blueberries, and almost a full container of strawberries. It was a bad week for me, as I'm typically to go through most all of it in an average week. I wasn't home much over the past week, which explains it.

All in all, it came out to 3/4 of one quart by the time I strained it a time or two. Afterwards, I put it in the fridge to chill. I won't water it down, so will drink it chilled in the morning with my breakfast. :beer:
Attachments
IMAG0110[1].jpg
IMAG0107[1].jpg
IMAG0106[1].jpg
IMAG0105[1].jpg

Mikeurtno
Bike: 2008 Ninja 250 (track) 2009 Yamaha fz6 (street)

Postby Mikeurtno » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:06 pm

fjorn wrote:Thought I'd post up a few pics of my juicer, and the process more or less.

I didn't do the bananas as I don't like the taste of them juiced. But, I did the two Bartlett pears, four fuji apples, a third of a package of blueberries, and almost a full container of strawberries. It was a bad week for me, as I'm typically to go through most all of it in an average week. I wasn't home much over the past week, which explains it.

All in all, it came out to 3/4 of one quart by the time I strained it a time or two. Afterwards, I put it in the fridge to chill. I won't water it down, so will drink it chilled in the morning with my breakfast. :beer:

Now I have a juicer on my wedding registry lol.

fjorn

Postby fjorn » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:02 am

:beer:

Tastes so much better than anything store bought. The key is to experiment a little with it, and see what you like. The juicer came with a small sample of juicing recipes, most of which I have not tried. But, I did purchase an ebook "Juice Fasting Bible" for the recipes. I don't necessarily believe in juice fasting, and it's not the reason I bought it. What I found on the internet is that it was one of the most referenced books at the time for different recipes.

All told, I think I have about $225 invested in juicing. The model of juicer I have is a Breville Multi-Speed #BJE510XL/A, which was about $199, add in taxes and the ebook purchase and there ya go. Did I need to go this expensive? Maybe not. But, I read that ideally, a multispeed juicer is better for variety density/hardness of fruit/veggies.
Attachments
IMAG0111[1].jpg

Andyman
Bike: 2015 Harley Street Glide

Postby Andyman » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:51 am

Nice! May need to ask Santa for one of those.

I suppose this may lead into a good question for everyone then. What diet changes are you making?

Since Lori has been doing her cleansing thing, we've been changing up what we cook. Last night we made Goulash for the kids only it was made with Turkey Burger. (She didn't tell them that :naughty: ) We also pan seared Alaskan Cod in olive oil after it was sprinkled with a little salt, Pepper, and Flower. Add some mixed veggies and some brown rice (Not instant stuff) and it made a quick awesome meal. Today for lunch, I get to have the leftover Goulash.

Mikeurtno

Postby Mikeurtno » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:58 am

Andyman wrote:Nice! May need to ask Santa for one of those.

I suppose this may lead into a good question for everyone then. What diet changes are you making?

Since Lori has been doing her cleansing thing, we've been changing up what we cook. Last night we made Goulash for the kids only it was made with Turkey Burger. (She didn't tell them that :naughty: ) We also pan seared Alaskan Cod in olive oil after it was sprinkled with a little salt, Pepper, and Flower. Add some mixed veggies and some brown rice (Not instant stuff) and it made a quick awesome meal. Today for lunch, I get to have the leftover Goulash.

Our biggest thing is just cooking more at home and eating out less. Tried liver yesterday. Tastes like beef. Can't do the texture.

fjorn

Postby fjorn » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:47 pm

Andyman wrote:Nice! May need to ask Santa for one of those.

My biggest issue is that I am super busy, and am not always able to have food with. Nor in a place where decent fast food is, due to my schedule. So, I tend to eat out far more than I should. When I am at home, I eat very clean.

So, for me, it's mostly working on ways to significantly reduce the times I eat out. Then, when I have to, make sure it is as clean as I possibly can.

shagzomatic
Bike: 2005 FZ6, 2006 SV650, 2007 R1

Postby shagzomatic » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:14 am

No posts here in two weeks and no updates to scores in over a month...you guys didn't all quit already, did you? :poke:
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything.

CCS/ASRA #380
Pirate Dog Motosport: www | fb | insta

Andyman
Bike: 2015 Harley Street Glide

Postby Andyman » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:25 am

I think I missed PMing my weight once. Currently at a whopping 2% loss as of this morning. :naughty: But I've recently changed my workout routine and a little on my eating habits. Need to get my :butt: in gear.

Mikeurtno

Postby Mikeurtno » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:58 am

No I just need to get my wallet together and buy windows 7 so I can get the virus off my laptop. Just hard to spend money on software when my motorcycle "need" list keeps growing :)

shagzomatic
Bike: 2005 FZ6, 2006 SV650, 2007 R1

Postby shagzomatic » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:08 pm

Since I'm reasonably sure that's only an issue in this case because that's where your tracking spreadsheet is... https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ors.sheets problem solved. ;)
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything.

CCS/ASRA #380
Pirate Dog Motosport: www | fb | insta