redline photo

Anything & Everything.
shagzomatic
Bike: 2005 FZ6, 2006 SV650, 2007 R1

Postby shagzomatic » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:43 pm

Yeah, I've had very poor customer service experiences both times I purchased photos from them. :thumbdown:

According to their facebook page, all Road America CDs were in the mail last week: https://www.facebook.com/25552592446635 ... 55/?type=1

Probably time to start trying to get in contact with them. Good luck...you'll need it.
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything.

CCS/ASRA #380
Pirate Dog Motosport: www | fb | insta

raycecar50

Postby raycecar50 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:52 am

Yeah I saw that. Thats what got me wondering. I sent an email yesterday morning. No response. I guess Ill just have to call.

TLSR381
Bike: 2006 SV650 track (purple)

Postby TLSR381 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:42 pm

So, I received my Sept 24th disc today.

The good: The disc arrived. And it was my bike.
The bad: There were a total of 24 photos. 10 of which were blurry. So really, 14 photos.

The good: Also inside the envelope was an offer for a free disc in 2015, due to the lack of photos. So that was a good service recovery effort. Kudos there.
The bad: No Shagz "wife" butt shots. Knew it was a long shot, but I was hopeful.
What the world needs now, is more purple and lime green.

raycecar50

Postby raycecar50 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:32 pm

I still have not received my cd from Road America. Ive sent at least two emails and have gotten two responses about how theyve sent it, and a replacement out and should see it by the end of said week. Pretty soon ill just do a stick drawing with crayons and post that up instead.

TLSR381
Bike: 2006 SV650 track (purple)

Postby TLSR381 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:45 pm

At least you've gotten a response. I sent an email, and have heard nothing. Shagz wants a specific photo, and will probably have to call every day just to bother them, in order to get it. I still maintain you shouldn't have to hound someone in order to give them business (and money!).
What the world needs now, is more purple and lime green.

raycecar50

Postby raycecar50 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:01 am

Thats exactly it. You show up to the track and stand in front of everybody selling yourself but all you do is take peoples money or ignore them. Shady way to do business.

shagzomatic

Re:

Postby shagzomatic » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:06 am

raycecar50 wrote:I still have not received my cd from Road America. Ive sent at least two emails and have gotten two responses about how theyve sent it, and a replacement out and should see it by the end of said week. Pretty soon ill just do a stick drawing with crayons and post that up instead.

That's about how it's gone for me every time I've dealt with them previously. Near impossible to get a hold of, then when you do finally get a response you're catapulted into the land of broken promises. Repeatedly.

Unfortunately, they have photos of ShagzWife and me together on track at RA...and I really REALLY want one of them in particular. So my only option in this case is to deal with them again. If we can somehow get them to respond to either ShagzWife or me this time around (we've both tried...once again, no response), this is quite literally the last time I will ever even consider giving them money, no matter the situation.

You should totally do the crayon drawing, though. That would be awesome. :mrgreen:

CCS/ASRA #380

shagzomatic

Postby shagzomatic » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:34 pm

Well, I finally got the photo I was looking for from him. It took entirely too much effort, and he just doesn't seem to understand what's wrong with how he operates. He has no clue how to effectively communicate with customers.

Here's how this one went down:
  • ShagzWife emailed the address on the business card included with her CD twice, requesting that instead of a free CD next year due to the lack of photos on the 24th, we'd like her Road America photos.
  • I emailed that address, as well as the info@ address.
  • Nick responded to my message and told me that info@ was the only "active" email address and has been for over a year. The messages ShagzWife sent did not bounce, and there was no indication that this was an invalid address.
  • I reiterated our request for ShagzWife's Road America photos instead of photos from some event in 2015 as they had offered, in return for the weak showing on the 24th's photo CD. I requested delivery via Dropbox, since that's how he has sent photos to me in the past.
  • Nick replied and told me he would send the Road America photos via Dropbox.
  • A week later, after seeing and hearing absolutely nothing more, I emailed him to find out what the status was.
  • Nick responded three days later (this past Sunday) and told me he had mailed a CD "last week"....despite never mentioning mailing a CD. That disc has yet to arrive, and given raycecar50's experience, I have my doubts that it ever will.
  • I requested again that he send photos via Dropbox or some electronic means.
  • Photos were finally delivered via dropbox last night.

I'm giving up. I think I've been exceedingly patient through all of this, but it's become abundantly clear that he is not the kind of person I wish to do business with ever again.

To his credit, he's been fairly responsive as of late, and in the end he did deliver, but it should never have had to come to this in the first place. I'm sure some people have had OK experiences, but he has been an incredible pain to deal with literally every single time we've had any kind of business interaction with him.

So...buyer beware.

UPDATE 11/30: To my surprise, we did receive a CD in the mail this past Friday, but it was postmarked on Tuesday, the day AFTER he finally delivered the photos electronically. There's no way to tell whether he actually sent a disc the prior week as he said he did, but personally I have my doubts.
Last edited by shagzomatic on Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Update

CCS/ASRA #380