I am back

Introduce yourself.
speedracer
Bike: Honda CBR 1000rr Repsol

I am back

Postby speedracer » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:59 am

Hey guys I am back. I used to ride a 2008 zx14 I blew that up in 2011 and bought a v-rod. Didn't like that and sold it after putting 3000 miles on it I realized cruisers are not my thing. So now I have a 2011 Honda CBR 1000 Repsol. It's all stock. Gonna put a 15t front sprocket on it and keep the stock 42t on the back. Ordered some new tires and a speed O healer got some frame sliders on the way. I am gonna leave the exhaust alone for now. I hear with these bikes doing the exhaust actually makes you lose power with out a customer tune. I don't want to spend $2500 on that anyways. Changing the can will effect low end performance. So since it is not that quit anyway I will leave it be. So that's my introduction. One question are we still meeting at vandaveer at 2pm on Sundays? http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o55 ... 3538_o.jpg

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o55 ... ds/_3.jpeg
2011 CBR 1000rr Repsol Edition, fender eliminator, 15t front 42t back, speed o healer, frame sliders.

Andyman
Bike: 2015 Harley Street Glide

Re: I am back

Postby Andyman » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:10 am

:welcome:

But I think you're talking about another group of riders who meet at Vandaveer. We're the 3rd Thursday of each month Bike Night, long weekend day ride, track bike riding group.

shagzomatic
Bike: 2005 FZ6, 2006 SV650, 2007 R1

Postby shagzomatic » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:09 am

Tony Gillette wrote:One question are we still meeting at vandaveer at 2pm on Sundays?

I've never ridden with them. Pretty sure they still do their thing, but I heard they got booted from Vander Veer a while back. :dunno:
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything.

CCS/ASRA #380
Pirate Dog Motosport: www | fb | insta

naldge
Bike: 2001 Honda F4i

Postby naldge » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:59 pm

visualize wealth, and put yourself in the picture

speedracer
Bike: Honda CBR 1000rr Repsol

Postby speedracer » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:16 pm

Oh ok I will see if I can find them.... So you guys only ride on track. I have never been on a track. But I am down if you guys are doing any street rides. Not sure if I am the caliber of rider i need to be to keep up with track guys. I did read some of your threads on track days and some beginner courses sound interesting. I may hafta show up to a bike night sometime.
2011 CBR 1000rr Repsol Edition, fender eliminator, 15t front 42t back, speed o healer, frame sliders.

shagzomatic

Postby shagzomatic » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:29 am

We're definitely not only track riders...plenty of street time as well. Honestly, I tend to get the go-fast stuff out of my system on the track and keep it fairly tame most of the time on the street these days, so no need to worry about keeping up.

I'll be throwing together a few bigger group rides again this year, but If you're looking to ride don't hesitate to check in or post up in the street section.

Hope to see you on the road :cool:

CCS/ASRA #380

Andyman
Bike: 2015 Harley Street Glide

Re:

Postby Andyman » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:45 am

shagzomatic wrote:We're definitely not only track riders...plenty of street time as well. Honestly, I tend to get the go-fast stuff out of my system on the track and keep it fairly tame most of the time on the street these days, so no need to worry about keeping up.

:rofl: You've tamed down maybe a little....

shagzomatic

Re: Re:

Postby shagzomatic » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:11 pm

Andyman wrote::rofl: You've tamed down maybe a little....

:blah: Maybe if you ride with me more than twice this year, you'll notice the difference :pathead: :lol:

CCS/ASRA #380

Sportbiker
Bike: '05 636, Titanium

Re: Re:

Postby Sportbiker » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:32 pm

Andyman wrote:
shagzomatic wrote:We're definitely not only track riders...plenty of street time as well. Honestly, I tend to get the go-fast stuff out of my system on the track and keep it fairly tame most of the time on the street these days, so no need to worry about keeping up.

:rofl: You've tamed down maybe a little....

Tamed down? Is he going backwards now?
Shitty planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Sportbiker's tips on what not to do when you want to sell something:
    Post an artistic picture where your bike takes up 5% of the area.
    "Price firm but willing to negotiate."

TLSR381
Bike: 2006 SV650 track (purple)

Postby TLSR381 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:54 pm

Shagz: Yeah, I decided to take it easy today in those turns. Only at one point I looked down, and was doing ***.

Shagzwife: Fuck you.
What the world needs now, is more purple and lime green.