Curiosity Question Here

Mechanical questions, help, and tutorials.
Boohnda
Bike: 2006 Ninja ZX-636R

Curiosity Question Here

Postby Boohnda » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:24 pm

Do you think it would be difficult to, using my garage over the winter, paint a bike that is silver with maroon accents/wheels to this?:

http://imgur.com/a/4Wq6e

I originally wanted that bike, an 08 but the price and distance was not what I was looking for. In my head, painting a bike is doable but just wanted to check.
Yoshi exhaust, color matched powder coated pegs, frame sliders, HIDs

shagzomatic
Bike: 2005 FZ6, 2006 SV650, 2007 R1

Re: Curiosity Question Here

Postby shagzomatic » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:37 pm

Possible, sure...difficult, kinda. Painting is more about patience & preparation than anything else. I've done a few sets of race fairings with rattle cans with varying results, but if I ever wanted something to look showroom-nice, I'd personally take it somewhere to be done. That's just me, though.
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything.

CCS/ASRA #380
Pirate Dog Motosport: www | fb | insta

Boohnda
Bike: 2006 Ninja ZX-636R

Re: Curiosity Question Here

Postby Boohnda » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:03 pm

shagzomatic wrote:Possible, sure...difficult, kinda. Painting is more about patience & preparation than anything else. I've done a few sets of race fairings with rattle cans with varying results, but if I ever wanted something to look showroom-nice, I'd personally take it somewhere to be done. That's just me, though.

I appreciate this reply, I do think I might wait a season or two esp as I could have this bike paid off before next riding season '18 and get something else.
Yoshi exhaust, color matched powder coated pegs, frame sliders, HIDs