15' Daytona 675R - CRG Lever Install

Mechanical questions, help, and tutorials.
Apex_It
Bike: 2015 Triumph Daytona 675R

15' Daytona 675R - CRG Lever Install

Postby Apex_It » Wed May 18, 2016 1:30 pm

Posted this in the Triumph forums, but figured I'd post this here as well for more coverage and possibly a quicker resolution. I've done a lot of work to cars, but bikes are still new to me. :beer:

I started installing a set of CRG levers last night on my 2015 675R, but ran into a couple issues.

The clutch lever installed no problem. However, it's very loose. I can grab it and it has a lot of free play near the pivot point. It appears the cable may have been stretched a little during install. I'm at the limit of the wheel adjuster on the lever itself, so I'll have to use the other adjuster near the clutch pedal if that's what needs to be done. Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

The brake lever I could not install. It's also simple, and went fine until I had to remove the pin that activates the brake switch on the handle bar. A new pin was not included with the CRG lever, and I need to transplant it. That pin is really jammed in there, and I'm just rounding out the hex head of it trying to loosen the thing. It's in bad shape already. I thought about just going to the online parts stores and ordering just that pin, but I can't see it anywhere in the parts breakdown. Only the full lever, that pin is not called out separately.

So...I either need to get that pin out without destroying it completely or find a replacement to use just for the aftermarket lever. Thoughts?

I can post photos tonight when I am able.

Thanks!

Apex_It
Bike: 2015 Triumph Daytona 675R

Re: 15' Daytona 675R - CRG Lever Install

Postby Apex_It » Wed May 18, 2016 9:36 pm

Got it figured out, just wasn't using my head. :dunno:

Adjusted the clutch cable.

Then there was the brake. The instructions left out the pin that pushes into the master cylinder completely, and I couldn't figure out how to get that out of the original lever to reuse. I ended up just taking a socket attached to an extension and simply tapped the pivot bushing out with a hammer. Once that was out, I could take apart the original lever and pull out the cam/pin. Stuffed that in the new lever, lubed everything, installed, tightened it up. Done. :thumbup: