Tire mounting

If it's on two wheels, it goes here.
Sportbiker
Bike: '05 636, Titanium

Tire mounting

Postby Sportbiker » Mon May 16, 2016 11:16 am

What does everybody use to buy and have tires mounted?

I need new ones since the previous owner put the wrong size on the rear and it messes with the electronics. From my ring to Hawkeye they'll mount and balance at $82/hr, presumably one hour, if I bring in the rims, tires, and new stems. At that cost, I could buy a mounting machine and be paid back after 5 sets. I gotta think there's an independent in the area who does it more reasonably. Haven't called Brenny's yet.
Shitty planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Sportbiker's tips on what not to do when you want to sell something:
    Post an artistic picture where your bike takes up 5% of the area.
    "Price firm but willing to negotiate."

shagzomatic
Bike: 2005 FZ6, 2006 SV650, 2007 R1

Re: Tire mounting

Postby shagzomatic » Mon May 16, 2016 11:45 am

Brenny's will probably shoot you a quote in the same ballpark. I heard from someone else that they were recently quoted over $100, but I don't know if that was on or off the bike. Trackside vendors are where I do most of my changes -- mount & balance included with the tires. Not sure what those folks usually charge when you bring your own tires , though.

If not at the track, I usually take mine down to L8Braker / Mid-West Sportbikes just north of Galesburg. Last I knew he was doing $25/wheel off the bike.
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything.

CCS/ASRA #380
Pirate Dog Motosport: www | fb | insta

Sportbiker
Bike: '05 636, Titanium

Postby Sportbiker » Mon May 16, 2016 12:10 pm

Thanks for L8Braker reference, I'll get in touch with him. The problem with trackside is that I need them first thing and I hate rushing around to get to the first session, esp if I'm only doing one day. Trackside prices are really hard to beat. Downside is you're stuck with just one brand that you may not prefer. Probably easier if you ride with the same organization all the time.
Shitty planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Sportbiker's tips on what not to do when you want to sell something:
    Post an artistic picture where your bike takes up 5% of the area.
    "Price firm but willing to negotiate."

L8Braker
Bike: 06 BMW K1200LT, 13 Ducati Hyper

Postby L8Braker » Mon May 16, 2016 2:03 pm

Yep, we still charge $25 a wheel off the bike. However, we generally don't change the valve stems out unless it's weather cracked real bad, been leaking, or someone request new ones installed. 309-299-8522 is the shop cell #

When life throws you a curve, brake hard, and stick your knee out. :twocents: