2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja

Looking to sell/buy/trade something? Post it here.
Sportbiker
Bike: '05 636, Titanium

2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja

Postby Sportbiker » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:31 am

Selling my 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja. This is the 636cc version which was quite popular for the four-year run. Lots of aftermarket out there for it. Anyway, this bike was ridden for street and track duty. Still pulls plenty for my needs but have gone with a liter bike to get more out of Road America and similar circuits.

Condition:
1. Currently the bike needs a new subthrottle valve actuator ($50).
2. The last time I rode it I low sided in the grass. That bent the subframe which only needs to be replaced ($100) if you're planning to take passengers; I hadn't planned on it.
3. The ram air clips broke. I screwed it back into the metal snorkel and it works just fine, but could be replaced ($100) if desired.
4. Tank has a dent.
5. Windshield is ripped basically from aforementioned low side. Classy duct tape finishes the look. $40 for PUIG Double Bubble is current rate.
6. Existing street bodywork is in various shapes of damaged. All fit fine and is solid, but just not showroom new. Have several spares like an extra cowl and several spare seats (driver and passenger).
7. Single spool on swingarm since the mount broke on the other side. I use the Pitbull flat/universal lift on it for maintenance and wheel swaps. Swingarm swap: $70

Aftermarket stuff that comes with the bike.
1. Extra set of wheels with rotors. Currently one set ready for street, one set for track.
2. Extra rear tire, extra front tire besides those already mounted on aforementioned rims.
3. Driven D-axis rearsets already mounted on bike, adjustable and can be run GP or std shift.
4. One Second Faster rearsets, adjustable and can be run GP or std shift. Spare peg accompanies these.
5. K&N air filter.
6. Armour Bodies bodywork. Painted John Deere Yellow and spare paint would accompany bodywork. Tail has damage, needs fiberglass fix.
7. Braking (brand) Rotors. These are huge on the track. Still have stock rotors which go with other front & rear wheel.
8. Stainless braided front brake lines. These are the race ones that are independent to each caliper.
9. Motovation sliders.
10. Carbon fiber belly pan.
11. Flush mount signals.
12. Drilled oil drain plug and oil fill cap for safety wiring on those track days.
13. Lowering links, never installed.
14. Harbor Freight chock, intended to be mounted to trailer for transport. I typically mounted to mobile plywood sheet for universal use.

Maintenance.
I have the factory service manual, parts explosions, and assembly documents in PDF format that go with the bike. I've always done all the maintenance on this thing. Its already had two valve clearance adjustments done and the last one was just last year so it has a long ways to go before the next.

Have always used Rotella T synth for oil and Mobile 110 filters.

Bike has new-ish Yuasa battery.

Chain very regularly cleaned and waxed. My first chain was finished at ~22k mi so the 520 one on it now should last a good while longer. Sprockets changed out too, went up two teeth in back to change shift points for Blackhawk Farms/Road America. This means speedo reads ~5mph faster than actual speed.

Brake fluid flushed every two years, I did the Super Blue/ATE 200 swap each time so that I could be sure a complete flush was accomplished.

Took the calipers completely apart a couple of years ago, replaced the rubber seals and cleaned thoroughly.

Just replaced the clutch cable because I'm paranoid. Kept the stock one which could be used if something happens to the new one since it moves very freely.

Conclusion.
I have too many other things going on to want to deal with fixing the bike up. Before my lowside I was thinking $3k, but at this point I'd be happy it was gone for $2k. If that doesn't happen, I'll work on it over the winter and early spring and put her up at $3k. Posting here and basically just going to do a bit of word-of-mouth thing.

I'm likely forgetting things but can't really look the bike over right now to get it all so will update with other extras I'm sure to have but just forgetting
Attachments
StockLeftSide.jpg
RightSideTrack.jpg
FrontRightSideTrack.jpg
StockRightSide.jpg
Shitty planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Sportbiker's tips on what not to do when you want to sell something:
    Post an artistic picture where your bike takes up 5% of the area.
    "Price firm but willing to negotiate."

Sportbiker
Bike: '05 636, Titanium

Re: 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja

Postby Sportbiker » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:26 pm

Sold
Shitty planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Sportbiker's tips on what not to do when you want to sell something:
    Post an artistic picture where your bike takes up 5% of the area.
    "Price firm but willing to negotiate."