2015 QCSB Calendar

Forum news & a place to post your suggestions or get help with using the forum.

Would you purchase a 2015 QCSB Calendar?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:16 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 7

TLSR381
Bike: 2006 SV650 track (purple)

2015 QCSB Calendar

Postby TLSR381 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:16 pm

This is to gather interest on doing a QCSB 2015 calendar. The idea would be to feature riders from the QCSB board. Please vote in the poll!
What the world needs now, is more purple and lime green.

TLSR381
Bike: 2006 SV650 track (purple)

Re: Discussion: 2015 QCSB Calendar

Postby TLSR381 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:30 am

Be sure to vote!
What the world needs now, is more purple and lime green.

shagzomatic
Bike: 2005 FZ6, 2006 SV650, 2007 R1

Postby shagzomatic » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:17 pm

It seems like we've got enough positive interest, so I guess it's time to get this thing moving. We're looking to do this with photos of members and/or their bikes, submitted by members. I know there are a lot of great photos floating around of a lot of us at the track, so I know we have plenty of good source material. :mrgreen:

Price should be about $20-25 each, and I may be able to offer a couple different sizes. I'll get more specifics on that as we get further along.

So....time to take submissions.
What to submit: Photos of you and/or your bike, but preferably with a bike in the photo. Whatever you feel like -- on the track, on the back roads, etc. If you have any of you with other forum members, be sure to send those. Send as many as you want -- we'll figure out a good way to pare it down if we get too many. The higher resolution, the better -- ideally larger than 2850x2200, but if what you have isn't quite that big, please don't let that stop you.

How to submit: Because high-res photos are possibly going to be pretty big, I've set up an upload site. Go to this site and enter QCSB as the password. You can click the up arrow in the upper left of the page and select files, or drag files from your computer over that arrow to upload. If you have any problems, please PM me.

No submission deadline just yet, but the sooner we get photos the sooner we can get moving. SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 31. I'll keep this thread updated with info as we move along. :thumbup:
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything.

CCS/ASRA #380
Pirate Dog Motosport: www | fb | insta

shagzomatic

Postby shagzomatic » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:58 am

Quick update...I'm going to set a submission deadline of October 31st. This should give us enough time to sort through submissions, do the design, and get them produced by December. :thumbup:

CCS/ASRA #380

Sportbiker
Bike: '05 636, Titanium

Re:

Postby Sportbiker » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:07 pm

shagzomatic wrote:What to submit: Photos of you and/or your bike, but preferably with a bike in the photo. Whatever you feel like -- on the track, on the back roads, etc. If you have any of you with other forum members, be sure to send those. Send as many as you want -- we'll figure out a good way to pare it down if we get too many. The higher resolution, the better -- ideally larger than 2850x2200, but if what you have isn't quite that big, please don't let that stop you.
I assume if there is some kind of advance purchase that we'll get a guarantee we won't see photos of you in a thong or anything, right? :naughty:
Shitty planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Sportbiker's tips on what not to do when you want to sell something:
    Post an artistic picture where your bike takes up 5% of the area.
    "Price firm but willing to negotiate."

shagzomatic

Re: Re:

Postby shagzomatic » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:43 pm

Sportbiker wrote:I assume if there is some kind of advance purchase that we'll get a guarantee we won't see photos of you in a thong or anything, right? :naughty:

Perhaps you should consider that your motivation to submit something...so I don't have any empty months to fill with random photos. :twisted:

Speaking of which...nobody has submitted anything yet. So if anyone wants anything other than an all-shagz calendar, you'd better get cracking. :poke: Only a couple weeks to go -- need them by the end of the month. Submission details are right here.

CCS/ASRA #380

Mikeurtno
Bike: 2008 Ninja 250 (track) 2009 Yamaha fz6 (street)

Postby Mikeurtno » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:23 pm

My photos would come from Kelly's track pictures. I need to find that Facebook album...

Andyman
Bike: 2015 Harley Street Glide

Re: 2015 QCSB Calendar

Postby Andyman » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:57 am

Hmmm.. I may have a tough time finding pictures when riding this year. The times I went, we didn't take very many pictures.... Bummer....

shagzomatic

Postby shagzomatic » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:28 am

So....1: I didn't say anything about it having to be a photo from this year, and 2: there's nothing stopping you from finding some nice fall color somewhere in the next couple weeks and taking a photo now. :neener:

CCS/ASRA #380

Andyman
Bike: 2015 Harley Street Glide

Re:

Postby Andyman » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:29 am

shagzomatic wrote:So....1: I didn't say anything about it having to be a photo from this year, and 2: there's nothing stopping you from finding some nice fall color somewhere in the next couple weeks and taking a photo now. :neener:

Very true.