Drag - Cordova

Roadracing, Drag racing, or any other kind of two-wheeled racing
Apex_It
Bike: 2015 Triumph Daytona 675R

Drag - Cordova

Postby Apex_It » Wed May 04, 2016 10:20 am

Several of my friends and I are headed to Cordova Friday night, and I've decided to leave the car at home this time and try drag racing the bike for a change. It'll be the first time I've dragged a bike.

Concept seems simple enough. Any advice or thoughts? Anyone here still drag race their bikes and going to be there?

:beer:

Caz
Bike: 1987 honda spree (iowa edition)

Re: Drag - Cordova

Postby Caz » Wed May 04, 2016 12:42 pm

Don't fip it :rofl:
"Carry the front wheel half a centimeter in the air all the way up the hill at 150mph put it down just over the rise, it's just a timing issue." Colin Edwards, "The Doctor, the tornado and the Kentucky Kid"

Caz
Bike: 1987 honda spree (iowa edition)

Postby Caz » Wed May 04, 2016 12:47 pm

When I go I don't really go to drag race I go to practice race starts or to test my bike...legally...
Inwas thinking about going out Friday to test shit haven't ridden my new bike yet
"Carry the front wheel half a centimeter in the air all the way up the hill at 150mph put it down just over the rise, it's just a timing issue." Colin Edwards, "The Doctor, the tornado and the Kentucky Kid"

shagzomatic
Bike: 2005 FZ6, 2006 SV650, 2007 R1

Postby shagzomatic » Thu May 05, 2016 10:36 am

I really need to get out there a few times this year to work on my starts. This week isn't going to happen, though.

No tips from me (other than echoing Caz's obligatory "don't flip it" ;))...because I suck. :lol:
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything.

CCS/ASRA #380
Pirate Dog Motosport: www | fb | insta

Apex_It

Postby Apex_It » Thu May 05, 2016 2:59 pm

Ha, great advice guys. :thumbup:

I've already made the jokes to my friends about pulling a wheelie and possible launching the bike into the bleachers. Anyway, I'll post the results and some videos. Should be good for some laughs at the very least.

If anyone ends up heading over there, let me know and I'll look for you. :rockon:

Apex_It

Postby Apex_It » Sat May 07, 2016 2:44 pm

The day went well enough for the first time dragging a bike. First pass was 12.008@126mph, second was 11.878. My 3rd pass was the best at 11.650@134mph. Never got out of the hole well, and that best run was the fastest 60ft with an ugly 2.223. :banghead:

Need a bit more seat time, since that's the first time I've ever launched a bike even on the street.

TLSR381
Bike: 2006 SV650 track (purple)

Postby TLSR381 » Sun May 08, 2016 9:28 pm

Great job! Hopefully we'll be able to join you later in the year. Both Shagz and I really need to work on our starts. Caz has them nailed - he's usually hole shot or 2nd into the corner every race he runs!

Where was your camera? On your chest?
What the world needs now, is more purple and lime green.

Apex_It

Postby Apex_It » Sun May 08, 2016 10:48 pm

The camera was mounted to the top of the tank. Didn't realize my big head was in the way until I reviewed the video the next morning. If you guys ever decide to head over there, let me know and I'll join if I can. :thumbup:

Sportbiker
Bike: '05 636, Titanium

Postby Sportbiker » Mon May 09, 2016 10:15 pm

My better half dragged cars but not bikes. Can't say any of the advice shred mentioned would Apply.
Shitty planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Sportbiker's tips on what not to do when you want to sell something:
    Post an artistic picture where your bike takes up 5% of the area.
    "Price firm but willing to negotiate."