2012 Trackdays

Track day events and discussion.
shagzomatic
Bike: 2005 FZ6, 2006 SV650, 2007 R1

Re: 2012 Trackdays

Postby shagzomatic » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:14 am

Caz wrote:What group did you ride in? I saw some pics on facebook of a lowside you could see he didn't let go of the front brake and that didn't work out for him. But it said it was intermediate but he had a yellow sticker all the times I've been that was novice. Glad to here it was a good time though.

Yellow was novice, which is what I was riding. I think there was one crash in one of our sessions. Nothing serious, though -- only bad enough to get a yellow in that corner. I don't remember exactly where it was, though (maybe 1 or 3?). There were a couple people who bumped up, so it's possible it was one of them before they got re-stickered.
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything.

CCS/ASRA #380
Pirate Dog Motosport: www | fb | insta

Caz
Bike: 1987 honda spree (iowa edition)

Postby Caz » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:04 pm

Ok that makes sence. I'm hopping to make it on the 10th but idk yet. I took the learning curves race school last Sat and raced for the first time on Sun it went a lot better than I thought. I only entered two races I have a 750 gixxer for the track and that put me in weird classes I really didn't like last race I had to go up against all 1000's I got the hole shot and held first till corner 6 when I got stuffed and he just left me in that straight. Held third till the last lap when I found out how out of shape I really am in and just couldn't push hard any longer and another 1000 got by me I still had a blast. Can't wait till next year when I can really race the series. Plan on building my k9 1000 into a race bike this winter and picking up an sv650 so I can race more classes. My 750 is up for sale now so the 10th kinda depends on if that goes idk though I got the bump to ride blue/advanced group but kinda need new tires to really push. So I'll see how things play out.
"Carry the front wheel half a centimeter in the air all the way up the hill at 150mph put it down just over the rise, it's just a timing issue." Colin Edwards, "The Doctor, the tornado and the Kentucky Kid"

Caz

Postby Caz » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:40 pm

theres a pic of you on facebook on the zone photo page your in a group its a primmered r1 and he has a team tubby shirt on im guessing thats you lol
"Carry the front wheel half a centimeter in the air all the way up the hill at 150mph put it down just over the rise, it's just a timing issue." Colin Edwards, "The Doctor, the tornado and the Kentucky Kid"

Sportbiker
Bike: '05 636, Titanium

Postby Sportbiker » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:51 pm

Interesting commentary on N vs I. I have long preferred to hang in N if, for no other reason, than I assumed I had more crashes. Is that true in your experience?

I'm leaning toward going I next year but fear the "being crashed into" factor, plus all the lost track time from other crashes.
Shitty planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Sportbiker's tips on what not to do when you want to sell something:
    Post an artistic picture where your bike takes up 5% of the area.
    "Price firm but willing to negotiate."

shagzomatic

Re:

Postby shagzomatic » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:32 pm

Caz wrote:theres a pic of you on facebook on the zone photo page your in a group its a primmered r1 and he has a team tubby shirt on im guessing thats you lol

Yeah I just found them. That's me...we were all held up behind a Ninja 250 at that point. Not a shirt, BTW...that's on my leathers. :mrgreen: Hopefully my CD of photos gets here quickly...I'm already tired of hunting around in other people's sample galleries for myself. :lol:

Sportbiker wrote:Interesting commentary on N vs I. I have long preferred to hang in N if, for no other reason, than I assumed I had more crashes. Is that true in your experience?

I'm leaning toward going I next year but fear the "being crashed into" factor, plus all the lost track time from other crashes.

From what I saw, most of the crashes Wednesday were actually in A. Back in my NESBA days, it seemed like there was a pretty even crash distribution through all the classes.

While there wasn't much carnage in N this time out, there was a lot of traffic getting bunched up. I was staying off the throttle in several spots to keep myself from getting into bunches of slower riders looking very unsure of themselves. Maybe it was just a fairly new-rider-heavy day in N, but I thought there was a much wider pace differential in N than what it seemed there was in I this time out. My goal at this point is to get my pace up a bit and head for I.

CCS/ASRA #380

TLSR381
Bike: 2006 SV650 track (purple)

Postby TLSR381 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 pm

The app that loaded lap times in real-time up to twitter was cool. It was probably true for N, but you could really tell the laps you must have been held up.

Personally, I don't think there were enough green bikes from the pictures I've seen. :mrgreen:
What the world needs now, is more purple and lime green.

Caz

Postby Caz » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Bail on novice as soon as you can it seems to be nothing but a meat grinder and is allways packed . As far as being too slow there's allways somebody slower than you and allways people parking in the corners. me and another guy were talking about this last trackday i did out there. Only people I've seen bumped down were from advanced. Each time i bumped up I've felt i could have done it a lot sooner. I can't stress enough how much superbike school improved my riding and novice doesn't really let you work on your skills at all too many people in the way. :rockon:

Sportbiker
Bike: '05 636, Titanium

Postby Sportbiker » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:02 pm

Caz wrote:Bail on novice as soon as you can it seems to be nothing but a meat grinder and is allways packed . As far as being too slow there's allways somebody slower than you and allways people parking in the corners. me and another guy were talking about this last trackday i did out there. Only people I've seen bumped down were from advanced. Each time i bumped up I've felt i could have done it a lot sooner. I can't stress enough how much superbike school improved my riding and novice doesn't really let you work on your skills at all too many people in the way. :rockon:

CSS was my starting point, back in the day when they did the Midwest. Now you've got to go a long ways to meet them, IIRC. Thanks for the thoughts on N.
Shitty planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Sportbiker's tips on what not to do when you want to sell something:
    Post an artistic picture where your bike takes up 5% of the area.
    "Price firm but willing to negotiate."

shagzomatic

Postby shagzomatic » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Heading back to Blackhawk for their last one of the year tomorrow. :banana-dance: I was briefly considering doing the Boo Bash over at MAM at the end of the month, but I think I'm hanging it up for the year after this one.

CCS/ASRA #380

shagzomatic

Postby shagzomatic » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:59 am

Great day yesterday. It was a bit dicey in the morning with the cold, but once the sun had a chance to bake the track a bit, the afternoon was good stuff. I finally got a couple sessions where I had clear track for most of it, and it was absolutely wonderful. Good way to cap off the season, I think.
Attachments
IMG_9563a.JPG

CCS/ASRA #380