2012 Trackdays

Track day events and discussion.
shagzomatic
Bike: 2005 FZ6, 2006 SV650, 2007 R1

Postby shagzomatic » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Looks like ZARS has one at Road America at the end of May as well: http://advancedridingschool.net/trackday_schedule.htm
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything.

CCS/ASRA #380
Pirate Dog Motosport: www | fb | insta

Sportbiker
Bike: '05 636, Titanium

Re: 2012 Trackdays

Postby Sportbiker » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:17 am

I know I'm hitting Putnam at the end of the season (8/25, I think) with STT. I've also got another day planned for Autobahn (8/4, I think), which is my pref.

Haven't been to Grattan, but its on the list for next year. If I don't hit Grattan, I'll be doing Road America.

EDIT: BF hasn't been one of my favs just because it feels so enclosed. Width, tress? :dunno: And IIRC the surface was pretty rough, but its been quite a few years since I've been. Anybody know when it was last resurfaced?
Shitty planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Sportbiker's tips on what not to do when you want to sell something:
    Post an artistic picture where your bike takes up 5% of the area.
    "Price firm but willing to negotiate."

White347lx

Postby White347lx » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Going to Autobahn but haven't decided which day yet. Sep1 is north course, Sep2 is south course and Sep3 is the full course. I can only do one and can't decide between south or full course.

Caz
Bike: 1987 honda spree (iowa edition)

Postby Caz » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:32 am

They resurfaced turns 1 & 7 a couple weeks ago. I went to auto bahn a couple weeks ago wasn't impressed with it or stt (well there were some sick cars. Saw a McLaren chasing a Ferrari.)but there wasn't any notice about when my group was on the track I felt hurried and rushed every session, was also told my daughter couldn't ride her bike and had to stay in the grass by my truck. My girl was pissed she couldn't really see me ride or take pics. I wasn't impressed. I like Blackhawk s uniqueness the trees and stuff are awesome reference points the people have been cool as hell even have a couple fellow msf instructors running around for me to b.s. with. When my trailer broke down one time on the way they compted me a day and had me signed up for the next 1 before I even asked about it I can't say enough good things about motovid and bhf and if you call the milwaukee Ducati dealer and order your track day through them it's only 160. Ill be at bhf on the weekend of the fIrst. Jos Is puttIng on a thIng wIth a cookout and contests and stuff for my daughter from what Ive heard. But my fav track so far is def v.I.r. which I just spent 2 wonderful days on the north course finishing up the lvls for california superbike school.
But there's still a lot of tracks I want to ride yet so I'm sure a new favorite will pop up.
"Carry the front wheel half a centimeter in the air all the way up the hill at 150mph put it down just over the rise, it's just a timing issue." Colin Edwards, "The Doctor, the tornado and the Kentucky Kid"

shagzomatic

Postby shagzomatic » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:31 pm

My new suit will be here tomorrow :banana-dance:

Hoping to get in 1 or 2 BHF days before the season dies on me. It might be a little tight, since there are only three days left on their schedule for this year. :lol: Just gotta get the time off work and see what happens.

CCS/ASRA #380

shagzomatic

Postby shagzomatic » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Signed up for Blackhawk Farms, 9/26 and 10/10. Now I just hope they don't cancel either of those like they did this Wednesday's event.

CCS/ASRA #380

GSXtacy

Postby GSXtacy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:15 pm

You know im down for the 26th.

Caz

Postby Caz » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:26 pm

I'm trying to scrap the dough together to take the learning curves class on the 22nd and race on the 23rd if I can't I should be able to do the 26th Idk about the 11th that sounds cold lol.
"Carry the front wheel half a centimeter in the air all the way up the hill at 150mph put it down just over the rise, it's just a timing issue." Colin Edwards, "The Doctor, the tornado and the Kentucky Kid"

shagzomatic

Postby shagzomatic » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:55 pm

Great day at Blackhawk today. Weather started out a little bit cool, but it turned into an absolutely gorgeous day. Lots of traffic on track in my group, though. It was pretty tough to get clear enough track to be able to push for a whole lap. I still have some rust left to knock off from three years' track absence, but I feel pretty good about how today went regardless.

Photos forthcoming, once I get the CD from the photographer. Hopefully soon. :)

CCS/ASRA #380

Caz

Postby Caz » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:20 am

What group did you ride in? I saw some pics on facebook of a lowside you could see he didn't let go of the front brake and that didn't work out for him. But it said it was intermediate but he had a yellow sticker all the times I've been that was novice. Glad to here it was a good time though.