Track Intro

Track day events and discussion.
Apex_It
Bike: 2015 Triumph Daytona 675R

Re: Track Intro

Postby Apex_It » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:15 am

Time to start thinking about track riding again. Need to buy my own suit this year instead of doing rentals. Pretty much know what I'm after, but there are a couple of options for buying. Either order something from Revzilla and play the size/return game (I should be close though), or find something within a few hours I can drive to to try on and purchase.

Is there a place in a rough 3hr radius that carries Alpinestars suits?

shagzomatic
Bike: 2005 FZ6, 2006 SV650, 2007 R1

Postby shagzomatic » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:09 am

Funny, Terry & I were just talking about you yesterday... ;)

MotoUnion in Milwaukee is who was doing the suit rentals for MV last year and usually sell those off with some slick discounts after the year's over -- maybe give them a call and see what they have and what kind of deals they might be slinging on them. I know they generally stock some various stuff as well, and they're about 3.5hrs from here.

The Toy Shop & Motolounge in Chicago would possibly have some. https://www.ttsmotolounge.com/

Cycle Gear maybe? They have a location in Madison and a couple in Chicago, all three being about 3hrs out.

...and there's always the D Store Chicago if you want to check out what Dainese has.
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything.

CCS/ASRA #380
Pirate Dog Motosport: www | fb | insta

Apex_It

Postby Apex_It » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:34 pm

Awesome! After checking out their site, I think ToyShop will have what I'm looking for. I'll give them a call when I'm ready and grab what I need from there. If that doesn't work out, D-Store is plan B.

Thanks!

Sportbiker
Bike: '05 636, Titanium

Postby Sportbiker » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:36 pm

My first date is going to be June 4th with STT at Road America. Also doing June 28th (and 29th?) with STT, and Aug 20 with Motovid at RA. Certainly doing the Labor Day/Wing Weekend thing.
Shitty planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Sportbiker's tips on what not to do when you want to sell something:
    Post an artistic picture where your bike takes up 5% of the area.
    "Price firm but willing to negotiate."

Apex_It

Postby Apex_It » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:08 pm

Sportbiker wrote:My first date is going to be June 4th with STT at Road America. Also doing June 28th (and 29th?) with STT, and Aug 20 with Motovid at RA. Certainly doing the Labor Day/Wing Weekend thing.

:thumbup:

I haven't put a plan together yet, as I'll have to juggle bike time with some other hobbies. I do know that I would absolutely love to hit Road America this year. Definitely once or twice at BFH, and if I could do some laps at RPM too...that would be a great year!

Sportbiker
Bike: '05 636, Titanium

Postby Sportbiker » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:51 pm

Apex_It wrote:
Sportbiker wrote:My first date is going to be June 4th with STT at Road America. Also doing June 28th (and 29th?) with STT, and Aug 20 with Motovid at RA. Certainly doing the Labor Day/Wing Weekend thing.

I haven't put a plan together yet, as I'll have to juggle bike time with some other hobbies. I do know that I would absolutely love to hit Road America this year. Definitely once or twice at BFH, and if I could do some laps at RPM too...that would be a great year!

If you end up wanting to do an RA date that I've listed I could probably help with logistics should that be an issue. Just HMU.
Shitty planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Sportbiker's tips on what not to do when you want to sell something:
    Post an artistic picture where your bike takes up 5% of the area.
    "Price firm but willing to negotiate."

Apex_It

Postby Apex_It » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:41 pm

Sportbiker wrote:
Apex_It wrote:

If you end up wanting to do an RA date that I've listed I could probably help with logistics should that be an issue. Just HMU.

Awesome, will do. Thanks for the offer. :rockon:

Apex_It

Postby Apex_It » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:44 pm

Outlook isn't looking great for track days on a bike this year guys. Going through renting trailers again is out of the question, for a number of reasons. So, I'm working through some other options. For example, building my own cheap harbor freight trailer. Just too many eggs in one basket this season.

Was pretty optimistic about making it work, but other projects have taken up more time/money than I was hoping. I think May 30th at Blackhawk is not going to happen, but Road America is very high on the list...so I'll see what can be done.

shagzomatic
Bike: 2005 FZ6, 2006 SV650, 2007 R1

Postby shagzomatic » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:42 pm

Well there are a couple MotoVid dates where the wife is not going, so I may potentially have a trailer slot open to haul a bike. I may possibly have space for a bike in my truck box as well... I'll have to see what I can fit once I get my new truck in a couple weeks. If bike transport is your big issue, I'm sure we can get you to at least a couple events.

Kinda wish I could make the bigger trailer fit my budget this year, then I could just haul you without question.
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything.

CCS/ASRA #380
Pirate Dog Motosport: www | fb | insta

Apex_It

Postby Apex_It » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:20 pm

Definitely appreciate it, but I really prefer not to bother other people if possible. We'll see what can be worked up in the next couple months.

I can always rent a suit if I decide not to purchase, so that's not a big deal at all. Renting a trailer is, because I need to run back and forth to IA City or QC to get one. That plays into additional vacation time, the hassle of getting it, etc.