Where do you ride?

Street rides, bike nights, etc.
Apex_It
Bike: 2015 Triumph Daytona 675R

Where do you ride?

Postby Apex_It » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:07 pm

I've been looking for decent roads to hit on a nice day over the weekend, but really haven't found much in the QC Area. I like to think I'm just overlooking them...

If you guys want to hit a few curvy roads, take in a little scenery, and just go for a decent ride...where do you go?

shagzomatic
Bike: 2005 FZ6, 2006 SV650, 2007 R1

Re: Where do you ride?

Postby shagzomatic » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:52 pm

It depends on what you're looking for...but there's not a ton in the immediate vicinity. Mostly I head north. The Wed night hump day rides we've been doing off and on are usually this route. This stretch of 136 and Z2E is nice. There are a few other little bits & pieces around, but those are generally my defaults. You can string those two together for a ~100mi loop that will kill a couple hours.

The great river road to the south on the IL side is a nice ride, especially the stretch right on the river from Nauvoo down to Hamilton, if you're looking for something that direction. If I'm going a little longer usually I'll go further north, like Maquoketa to Bernard via Caves Rd, Scenic Ridge/Derinda Rd near Savanna, more up by Galena or Dubuque...or I'll head for Wisconsin and kick around on some alphabet soup. Wisconsin tends to be an all-day type thing, though.

If the forecast holds, I'm thinking of maybe riding up to Galena again sometime this weekend, if you're looking to check any of that out.
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything.

CCS/ASRA #380
Pirate Dog Motosport: www | fb | insta

Apex_It

Postby Apex_It » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:32 pm

I don't think I've ever taken the River Road south, either on the IL or IA side. I'll give that a shot.

Galena could be fun, and I may be up for that. I had planned on going for a ride this Sunday.

hawk

Postby hawk » Fri May 27, 2016 9:21 pm

Apex_It wrote:I don't think I've ever taken the River Road south, either on the IL or IA side. I'll give that a shot.

Galena could be fun, and I may be up for that. I had planned on going for a ride this Sunday.

I've been in the area for probably 7 years and haven't found a local run I really enjoy. Haven't really ridden with anyone though. The river up to Wisconsin is nice but does take a whole day. My mom and her goons invite me on that route but it sucks following 30 hogs around all day.

I'm looking to take a couple hour spin sometime this weekend if you're interested.

Apex_It

Postby Apex_It » Sat May 28, 2016 12:21 am

I'm interested, and had planned on being on the bike most of the day Sunday since weather looks good. Did I see you in Davenport last Sunday, on Elmore and Kimberly? I have a white Triumph 675R.

If you'd like to meet up, let me know. Same goes for anyone else! :beer:

hawk

Postby hawk » Sat May 28, 2016 6:30 am

Yep that was me. I should be available by 1p on Sunday. I prefer morning rides but won't work for me tomorrow.